Friday 15 May 2015

Back and Biceps Training Plan

On Friday we flex! 

              

So today I worked out back and biceps, this workout was made out for me by my brother who isn't a qualified professional so I recommend you go to a personal instructor to find something to suit your own capabilities. However if you are looking to start a weight training program this is how I am doing it.

Deadlifts 4 sets of 8 reps at 40kg 

This was tough and I found myself losing my grip towards the end, this exercise has also lead to th development of lovely baby calluses! 

 N n

However the deadlift is one of the best exercises to target your whole body, back, legs, glutes and arms. 

Bent over rows with a 20kg bar

I did 3 sets of 10, I might start adding weights as these weren't that difficult.

Seated Cable rows 4 sets of 12 at 10kg 

Good posture is essential in these so you don't injure your back and get the full benefit. 

Back extensions or 'good mornings' 

3 sets of 12 

Or 3 sets of 10 weighted

These are great for strengthening your back to enable you to lift heavier on the deadlifts. I haaaated doing thse at the start as I think I'm going to fall flat on my face. 

As always Youtube these exercises if you don't know how to do them, I've been shown them and still have to have a quick search on how to do them. 

Finished off with a bicep barbell curl at 10kg. I did 3 sets of 8 reps, the last set was a real struggle as my muscles were exhausted. 

I did twenty minute HIIT cardio on the elliptical machine and finished off with a plank. My record is still 45 seconds but hoping to build on that! 

Follow me on Instagram @wheelerworksout for meal inspiration and makeup selfies :-) 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig